Donate & Make a Difference
DASA Video Testimonial
Imagine not having the mobility or strength to perform daily functions and personal care, or transfer from a wheelchair to a bed? What if the help you needed to be stronger and more independent were not available to you?
These are the daily struggles that stop children and adults living with physical, visual, and hearing disabilities from having productive, independent, healthy, lives. Lives everyone should have the chance to live.
Thanks to the Disabled Athlete Sports Association (DASA) of St. Louis, St. Charles, and Columbia, Missouri, with the help of donors, sponsors, and volunteers like you, individuals with disabilities are getting that chance. DASA is dramatically impacting their lives and their families’ lives with physical and emotional achievements beyond anything they’ve experienced before.
How Your Donation Helps
Isn’t it nice to know, with as little as $10, you can change a person’s life and see the impact in your own community? To continue empowering our current athletes and Paralympians and reach other physically disabled individuals and military veterans, we need your support.
When you donate to DASA, 87 cents of every dollar is used for our athletes’ needs and programming. Rest assured, DASA adheres to the Donor Bill of Rights, which is followed by America’s leading charities.
Your donation is 100% tax-deductible (see our Form 990 and annual report here) and will be used to provide:
- Adaptive sports instructors
- Adaptive sports equipment
- Family support
- Local chapter support
- Accessible rental facilities
- Accessible transportation
- Accessible lodging
- Adaptive sports event insurance
Monetary Donations – See Your Impact
- $40 – A donation of $40 helps provide a full 6-week session of a therapeutic fitness activity, such as swimming, tennis, or archery, for one DASA athlete.
- $50 – A donation of $50 helps provide multi-sport clinics and camps implemented to introduce DASA offerings to new populations.
- $100 – A donation of $100 will provide two Ability Gym one-on-one workout sessions and a workout t-shirt for the athlete.
- $300 – A donation of $300 provides a full season of a competitive sport for a DASA athlete, such as wheelchair basketball, wheelchair rugby, or power wheelchair soccer.
- $400 – A donation of $400 provides a full week at DASA’s overnight summer camp, “Camp WeCanDu,” for one of our camp kiddos.
- $600 – A donation of $600 sends a DASA athlete to a national competition, such as Junior Nationals for track and field, swimming, and archery.
- $1000 – A donation of $1,000 will support The Ability Gym Athlete Scholarship Fund for a 6-month training session to improve strength and positively impact the mental health of our most vulnerable participants.
- $2,500: A donation of $2,500 will support The Ability Gym Athlete Scholarship Fund AND The Primary Caregiver Scholarship Fund for 6-month training in strength & fitness. Many of our parents or spouses are the primary caregivers for our athletes. These caregivers are struggling to maintain the physical needs for caring for their loved-one with a disability. The Gym staff will work directly with the client and their primary caregiver to ensure proper body mechanics and transfer techniques for long-term health.
- $5,000: A donation of $5,000 will support the DASA Practice Facility Fund so that we can successfully operate DASA programs & competition team practices for a full year.
- $10,000: A donation of $10,000 helps DASA provide costly adaptive equipment like power soccer chairs, racing chairs, and much more for our athletes to participate successfully in their sport of choice.
- $20,000: A donation of $20,000 provides Sustainable Operations support. Whether we see athletes in person or virtually we have continued expenses in insurance, support staff and specialized instruction.
Other Ways to Give
Matching Gift Programs
Maximize the Impact of Your Gift!
There are thousands of corporations that have matching gift programs! This means if
an employee donates to DASA, the employee’s corporation will match it- doubling
(sometimes tripling) your gift at no extra cost to you!
Click here to see a list of companies with matching gift programs.
If you do not see the name of your company, please ask them directly if they have a matching gift program as an employee benefit!
Special Events & Fundraisers
DASA hosts numerous special events that require a great deal of funding in order to acquire facilities, supplies, and other necessities. We greatly appreciate donations to our fundraising events, or you can become a sponsor, host a specific competitive game, or host your own fundraiser.
Make A Gift in Memory of a Loved One
Celebrate your special someone and honor his or her memory with a gift to DASA. Each donation is recognized with a letter to the individual or family that you designate.
Did you know you can donate with more than just dollars? DASA athletes are always in need of donated goods and services, such as sports equipment (elbow/knee pads, Therabands, free weights, swim caps, etc.); traveling team needs (gas station gift cards, airline frequent flier miles, hotel points, etc.); technology products (laptops or desktop computers, copiers, printers, scanners, etc.); and other items (bottled water, energy bars, etc.).
When estate planning, consider making a meaningful gift to DASA to enrich the lives of people with disabilities and subsequently gain very significant tax benefits.
Spread the word about DASA on social media when you take action to donate, support, attend an event, volunteer, or get involved. The power of community can achieve great things and create very successful fundraising campaigns from those who are passionate about our cause.
Shop Our Store
Support your favorite teams or athlete by shopping our Apparel Store. We have some really cool men’s, women’s, and kid’s styles available or you can design your own.
Thank you for your donation!
Your funds make it possible for children and adults with disabilities to develop independence, confidence, and fitness, and live life to the fullest extent with their non-disabled peers and community. Thank you!
Please feel free to contact us to host an event, become a sponsor, or for additional information.
Disabled Athlete Sports Association
1600 Mid Rivers Mall Cir., Suite 2722
St. Peters, Missouri 63376
DASA is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization. Your tax-deductible donation impacts the lives of our participants and their families and helps them thrive. Thank you!